Menu

 
 
 
 
Best view 1152 x 864 ( +F11 )
Bookmark and 
 Share web counter
Visits
counter
Visitors
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---

Alex News

ALWAYS ON TOP ( Scroll down for recent postings )

===
PAM ! Pam-para,pam-pam ! PAM ! PAM !
 

Oct 2, 2009

JIDF & Facebook

Yeah, I've been watching the JIDF's ongoing problems with Facebook. I've kinda tried to stay out of it. But here's a message from JIDF Founder David Appletree.

Subject: Help keep me on Facebook?

Dear Activists,

As some of you might know, I received noticed that my account is slated for deactivation in the next 9 hours. Perhaps you can help the situation by writing a short email in support of me and my work here to this address: abuse+d2uutt5@facebook.com

For the latest updates and information please check out the JIDF site and http://www.facebook.com/l/40553;twitter.com/JIDF - many other accounts are slated for deactivation, apparently.

Also, I have created the following group, which address this issue:

Facebook Issues: Privacy, Content Ownership, and Selective TOS Enforcement


http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=166365955189

Unfortunately, this seems real, and I will lose over 2 years of correspondence, over 4,000 friends, over 50 groups and pages I created or admin with hundreds of thousands of members and fans, etc.

It just doesn't seem fair. Point 2 in Facebook's TOS says that we own our content. Apparently, that's not the case if some of us have to take certain precautions to protect our privacy, safety, and security.

Thanks for all your support of the years. I hope you'll continue to support our work - we will try to continue making the fan page active: http://www.facebook.com/thejidf - and we urge you to interact w/ the JIDF site, as people can now leave comments there.

David Appletree

Found


Jewish Internet Defense Force



LEADING THE FIGHT


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

A Berean said...

So what's the latest on David Appletree. Is he going to be reinstated?

Alexander Münch said...

NO! He is still fighting for his life! It looks as he lost his stuff on Facebook, but he is showing high capability of creating a better alternative !

Alex.