Menu

 
 
 
 
Best view 1152 x 864 ( +F11 )
Bookmark and 
 Share web counter
Visits
counter
Visitors
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---

Alex News

ALWAYS ON TOP ( Scroll down for recent postings )

===
PAM ! Pam-para,pam-pam ! PAM ! PAM !
 

May 6, 2011

It's a fucking HUMAN !

This one is "sitting" on me for the past 4 months !
( 10 - 20 times a day, 15 min per visit in average !... )
Most of my posts are in a picture form ! so, there is no "Filter" !...
It's a fucking HUMAN !

I don't think its a human, I think its a fucked up web crawling robot looking for content (news) for google (Googlebot) or spamming robot pretending its googlebot.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/3358692.htm

In your case much more likely to be googlebot. You haven't been getting a lot of spam, have you?

I think its giving you special attention because you are in Israel.

Warren

Thank you Warren

Google SEO News and Discussion Forum

Old fashioned Googlebot attack -
hundreds of 66.249.*.*
on site

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3358694
3:22 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

I have not seen this in a few years.

Normally, I have a dozen or so Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html) bot's on site.

But currently I have hundreds of them, all from unique 66.249.*.* IP's.

Am I alone on this?

Vimes




#:3358788
6:51 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Hi,

i've had this one hitting me really hard over the last week:

66.249.67.

supp's coming in or going out i'm not sure yet whats it hitting on your site.

Vimes.

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3358789
7:00 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Supp's you think? oh, boy I hope not. I do not have a supp issue on this site.

Vimes




#:3358798
7:05 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Not sure yet,

i'm seeing some of the pages that it hit last week showing good cache dates but some are Supp results still, how ever i do know that the pages that i've looked at were supplemental before.

on the flip i've also seen Supplemental pages come back in to the index with this Bot, still watching and checking seems to be a delay of a few days for the bot to hit them and then update the information seen on .com

Vimes.

[added]

are you seeing any page total fluctuations across Dc's i am.

[edited by: Vimes at 7:07 am (utc) on June 5, 2007]

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3358800
7:19 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

are you seeing any page total fluctuations across Dc's i am.

Page total flux is a positive, yes I am seeing it

No, just the very minor normal flux.

However major movement has been discussed in two threads over the past few days:

[webmasterworld.com...]

[webmasterworld.com...]

and the rank change site is showing hugh movement, late last week and into the weekend, but I am just not seeing it in my SERP's.

I guess my widget is safe, for now.

[edited by: kamikaze_Optimizer at 7:22 am (utc) on June 5, 2007]

jake66




#:3358823
7:47 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Normally, I have a dozen or so Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html) bot's on site.

But currently I have hundreds of them, all from unique 66.249.*.* IP's.


Doh. I just started a topic like this, I never spotted this one first!

I've been having the same problem. Only this afternoon / evening it was Google hammering me, NOW it's Yahoo.

Are these the real deal or spam bots masquerading as trusted bots to avoid filters?

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3358827
7:51 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

lol, yahoo is hitting my other site, very hard. More than 150 IP's per hour. They are real. I checked.

It seems that they both came out at the same time. But for me, on two different sites.

Sadly, I need yahoo on the other one, and Google on the other...

I guess thats life.

[edited by: kamikaze_Optimizer at 7:57 am (utc) on June 5, 2007]

Vimes




#:3358834
7:56 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

The ip addresses i checked were valid reverse dns and whois matched to the plex.

Vimes.

jake66




#:3358840
8:02 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

There's zero possibility that a semi-intelligent spammer reprograms his bot to spoof the Yahoos and Googles? It's fairly easy to spoof a PC IP in the same fashion.

If not, what's up with them lately? Why are they hammering sites like this. I actively watch who's on my site whenever I'm on the PC and I've never noticed activity like this before (from these companies, at least).

tedster




#:3358846
8:07 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Are these the real deal or spam bots masquerading as trusted bots to avoid filters?

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/3092423.htm [webmasterworld.com]

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3358850
8:09 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

There's zero possibility that a semi-intelligent spammer reprograms his bot to spoof the Yahoos and Googles?

Oh, I am not suggesting that at all.

I know what is on my sites at all times, these are real.

I am just very interested in what has been happening tonight on both of my sites, buy two different bots.

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3358853
8:13 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Hi Ted, my onsite software does that for me, they are all real.

But good point :)

jake66




#:3358854
8:13 am on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Thank you. As that seems to be an old topic, I'm hesitatnt to bump it.

The code jcoronella posted... the bot has to be on your website in order to test it, right?

incrediBILL




#:3359417
8:24 pm on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

With those IPs it's not a googlebot attack, it's an actual googlebot crawl.

Googlebot crawls over 5K pages per day on my site, and that's barely scratching the surface.

You guys need to avoid StarBucks before checking your log files ;)

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3359424
8:29 pm on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

Bil: lol.

I guess what my point is with the topic before it went OT, is that I am seeing hundreds of Google bots at once.

I normally have 5000 pages visited during the day also, but by one or two bots only.

incrediBILL




#:3359465
9:23 pm on Jun 5, 2007 (gmt 0)

hundreds of Google bots at once

If you're getting hit by lots of different IPs in a very short time, like 100 in a minute or so, I might consider writing to Google as it could be a bug.

If you're talking about lots of different IPs over the course of the day, that's normal.

jake66




#:3359761
7:25 am on Jun 6, 2007 (gmt 0)

I'd messaged Yahoo about this last night and they responded and confirmed that it was indeed them (after you guys had explained your nifty tricks, of course).

No statement made on why so many different IPs were loading from the site though..

I guess I can sleep better tonight. :)

kamikaze Optimizer




#:3359793
8:21 am on Jun 6, 2007 (gmt 0)

I put out the cheese and crackers.

And guess what?

They eat them.

jcmoon




#:3361444
8:21 pm on Jun 7, 2007 (gmt 0)

During the month of May, we usually had 5K hits / day from the usual suspect bots (Yahoo, Google, MSN, Ask, Voila, Ocelli, etc) to a certain site. Tuesday, that number tripled. Yesterday, 10x. Today, 3x, and counting ...

Lots of attention on that site last few days. Strangely, though, most of the attention seems to be coming from Ask & Ocelli. Google seems to be behaving as normal ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Google bots don't have screen resolutions of 1600 x 1200 .