Up - Date #1 3/12/2010 15:00 LT
According to an unconfirmed report on Rotter.net,
- Two arsonists have been spotted setting bush fire near Basmat Tabaun ( TIVON ! ).
- Fire broke out in the industrial area of Kiryat Byalik ! ( My parent live there ! )
- Radio Haifa reported that Arabs have been dancing in the streets of Furadis, just south of Haifa, in celebration of the deadly fire.
- Evacuation in Kiryat Amal ( Tivon ) !
- Jordanian Fire Fighters combat fire in a chemical factory in Kiryat Byalik ( Dangeruous chemicals storage !... ).
- Evacuation ( by force ! ) from Nir-Etzyon !
Any connection, Huh ?!...
Mount Carmel National Park
Mount Carmel, with its wild cliffs and green landscapesbecame a symbol of beauty for good reason. Its special characteristics also made it a part of religious tradition. It was here that Elijah performed one of his best-known miracles... bringing down fire from heaven...
Jews, Druze, Muslims and Christians sanctified its sites, and the Carmelite order of Catholic monks bears its name. The mountain features forest and woodland species of
trees, as well as shrubs, numerous flowers and a variety of wildlife, along with wonderful panoramas and archaeological sites going back to the dawn of humanity.
The park covers 84,000 dunams (21,000 acres), one third of which are nature reserves. The national park is entirely dedicated to the protection of Mediterranean nature and landscape. It can be accessed from four directions: from 'Atlit in the west, Moshav Elyakim
in the south, Haifa in the north, or Nesher in the northeast.
While working to protect the park's natural assets, dozens of rest areas have been created, featuring faucets and toilets with running water. Scenic roads and hiking trails have also been created, along with major efforts to upgrade handicapped accessibility. Please enjoy and help us protect the park and the mountain.